Art Seen - Contemporary Art Projects & Editions offers full-time and/or part-time internships for minimum of 3 months. The programme provides graduate students and beginning professionals with practical work experience and in-depth training in the gallery profession. The gallery is looking for a resourceful, committed, highly organized and extremely friendly multitasker to provide support to the Owner/ Director in all aspects of the gallery’s operations. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual with a strong eye for detail, excellent communication skills, dependable, punctual, upbeat and looking to gain experience in the contemporary art world.
The post involves helping with the preparation of upcoming exhibitions and requires a demonstrable interest in the contemporary art field, in art management and/or art history. Tasks will include: Updating artist biographies - Creating and Updating inventory and mailing lists databases - Digital image organization - Website maintenence. The internship offers successful candidates the opportunity to spend a three-month period working and gaining insight into all functions of Art Seen, and an overall understanding of the gallery's role within the Cypriot contemporary art world and abroad. This is an unpaid position.
- Basic administration skills
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Computer skills (Word/Excel/Photoshop/Search engines)
- Fluency in Greek and English
- An art education/background is also preferable
- CV (including academic experience, work experience, language skills, contact details)
- Cover letter (including what the applicant hopes to gain from the internship programme)
- to apply please send the above to email@example.com
Applicants will be invited to attend an interview.
Willing to work for an over-dynamic and exciting start-up?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org